Current Teaching Vacancies
ASSISTANT HEAD TEACHER
Acklam Whin Primary School
Tel: 01642 813938
Head Teacher: Mr D Gamble
Salary: Leadership Scale 7 – 11: £49,019 – £54,091
Hours: Full Time
Contractual Status: Permanent
Required September 2021
Ambitious for School Leadership?
Keen to develop your vision and influence school improvement?
Interested in moving current issues and opportunities for the positive and impacting on outcomes?
The Acklam Whin Governors are seeking to appoint an Assistant Head Teacher who is a highly motivated and outstanding professional. The successful candidate will have exceptional leadership skills and will continue to build upon existing high standards, in partnership with the Head Teacher, Deputy Head and Governing Body.
The post holder should:
• Be an excellent primary teacher with a positive attitude and the highest expectations of pupils’ attainment and behaviour.
• Have excellent leadership skills in managing and motivating staff and lead by example, setting high standards for all.
• Have the knowledge to facilitate the highest quality of teaching and learning.
• Have an ability to drive forward developments in the curriculum, and have experience of leading a core area, preferably in English.
• Be able to monitor and review impact and identify areas for development across the school
• Have experience of rigorous tracking and monitoring as well as a pro-active approach to assessment.
• Be evaluative and reflective, able to prioritise and work to ensure best value and high quality practice.
• Have the ability to coach, mentor and facilitate high levels of staff performance management.
• Be an excellent communicator and team player with a strong commitment to working in partnership with, staff, parent, governors and the community.
• Support and promote the school’s ethos, aims and core values in order to promote the welfare, progress and continued development of the school and it’s children.
The school offers:
• Enthusiastic, happy and confidant children, who are proud of their school.
• A Head Teacher, Deputy Head and Leadership Team, with strong vision and determination to ensure the school moves towards ‘outstanding’ status.
• Dynamic creative staff, keen to work at the ‘cutting edge’ of school improvement.
• Supportive and skilled governors and caring parents who are very keen to see children’s learning progress.
• A strong commitment to continual personalised professional development.
• Dedicated, non-contact time to fulfil the role.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and can be arranged by appointment with Alison Frost, the acting School Business Manager.
Acklam Whin Primary is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and requires all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Any offer of employment will be subject to evidence of eligibility to work in the UK, QTS qualification, satisfactory DBS (previously CRB), medical clearance and references that recommend the candidate without reservation.
Further details and an application form is available to download.
Applications can be submitted in person via the school office or via email to: email@example.com
Shortlisting Monday 17th May 2021
Interviews will be held on Tuesday 25th May 2021
Our free communication app allows us to provide parents with instant access to our important messages and up to date school information. Please contact the school office if you have not received your personal invite.