We hope that you are all keeping well and safe. This web page contains lots of great links and learning activities for the children to work through during their ‘School Day’ at home.
We are regularly updating the activities so please keep on returning to see what’s new. In addition, we are sending updates and ideas through Marvellous Me and the school app so keeps a lookout for those too.
It has been lovely to hear from some of you already about what you have been doing outside of school. Please continue to share via our school Twitter and Facebook accounts @acklamwhin, or by emailing the Year 4 team. We will reply as soon as possible, within working hours.
Mr Armstrong: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mrs Lawrence-wilson: email@example.com
Weekly Remote Learning tasks – WC 11.01.21
Weekly English Tasks
English Remote Learning Activities
Narrative writing – The Robin
- To generate vocabulary
- To develop a rich understanding of words associated with the countryside (Part 1)
- To plan the opening of the story
- To practise and apply knowledge of suffixes (-ate, -en)
- To write the opening of the story
Weekly Maths Tasks
Maths Remote Learning Activities
Focus – Multiplication and Division.
- To multiply a 2 digit number by a 1 digit number
- Multiplying 3 digit number by 1 digit
- Multiplying 3 digit numbers by 1 digit
- Problem Solving choosing operations
- Dividing using knowledge of multiples
Remember: Timetable Rock stars keep those skills sharp.
Weekly Reading Tasks
Reading Remote Learning Activities
Continuing with Chapter 2 of Bigfoot Adventure.
Complete these activities, which are in your 2do list.
- Chapter 2 quiz
- Expanded noun phrase sentences about Bigfoot.
Remember: Personal reading
Weekly Spelling Tasks
Spelling Remote Learning Activities
This week’s spellings: we are continuing to revise our Year 3 & 4 common exception words.
Complete these online games to help your practice your spellings.
Once you are confident with your spellings complete
Purple Mash 2do: Year 3 & 4 Spelling quiz.
Other Learning Activities
- Geography. Look at the map of the UK. Can you identify where the UK mountains are? Where are the highest areas of ground in the UK? Which countries of the UK are these located in? Where do you think the highest peak in the UK might be located? Choose a mountain and create a fact file about it.
- RE. Lesson 2. Watch the power point and create your own board game to show the path to Nirvana for Buddhists.
- PE – Complete Joe Wickes PE Workout 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v-a_dpwhro&list=RDCMUCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ&start_radio=1
- French Using the list of animals an the descriptions, come up with your own sentences to describe the animals for example; Le Lion est feroce.
Try to come up with as many as you can
- Art- Use the following description and draw the animal you think is being described. It could be a mythical creature.
‘… described as having white shaggy fur and a lean muscular body like an ape. This “creature” could also live in the Asian mountains near the Himalayan snow line.’
Click here to download this weeks computing PowerPoint. (Please ignore my mistake on the first slide saying Years 3& 4)
Year 4 Blog
It's FRIDAY! Well done for making it to the end of the week. You have worked so hard this week. Thank you to everyone who has been submitting work via the year group page on the website or by emailing it directly to us. Also thank you for completing your 2Dos on...
Hello everyone. Congratulations! You have made it half way through the week. To celebrate make sure you take a well deserved rest at some point today. Get away from the screens and get outside. Whether that is in your garden or to get a bit of exercise by walking...
Hello everyone and welcome to Week 2. In English this week, we are continuing with our series of lessons based around 'The Robin' which will finish with your very own narrative. In Maths, we are looking at multiplying and dividing using various strategies and Reading...