This school year 2016/17, the school received directly from Government the sum of £74,420 to help us to close the gap in learning between those less advantaged pupils and the national and school expectations of attainment.
Pupil Premium is calculated on the number of children who have been on free school meals during the previous 6 years of education (E6), those who are in the care of a local authority (CLA) and those who are Armed Forces children (AF).
Pupil Premium Award from the DFE in light of the extremely positive outcomes our Pupil Premium children made in the 2014 and 2015 statutory assessments. Congratulations to them all!
This money continues to be used to support:
- Learning intervention programmes to boost children's attainment in Reading, Writing and Maths as required.
- To support the provision of Teaching Assistants across the school.
- To provide specialist support for Speech and Language development.
- To contribute to the provision of Behavioral and Emotional Support to pupils and parents through our Behavioral Specialist, Doug Inions.
- To support a member of staff, Deborah Moore, to develop a role as Free School Meal Children's Champion. She is available to parents and children eligible for free meals to discuss the children's progress, attainment and welfare. Please contact the office if you would like an appointment with her.
- To provide opportunities for regular Pupil Conferencing to support our E6 children's learning and development.
- To provide a specific Teaching Assistant to support our pupil premium children's needs.
- To provide extra-curricular activities with priority to those children at whom pupil premium is focused.
- To provide an electronic learning device for each child in Year 5 and Year 6.
The documents below show the outcomes in respect of Children Looked After (CLA) and children eligible for free school meals at the time (E6) in their statutory Key Stage assessments.