Acklam Whin Primary School identifies five key principles on which its aims and objectives are based. These five principles are:
- Care, support and opportunity in our children’s lives and learning.
- High expectations leading to high achievement
- Securing inclusion for all our children.
- Developing learning teams and learning together
- Sustaining and building on high standards through working in partnership with our stakeholders.
We endeavour to develop the fullest potential of all the children in our care.
The school aims to achieve this through:
- Establishing an effective climate and environment for children’s learning and social development.
- Teaching the skills and pleasures of reading, writing, speaking and listening.
- Developing the skills to use and appreciate mathematics and science.
- Creating opportunities for children to experience: the arts, their heritage and different cultures, places and times, and, develop their awareness of the increasingly technological world in which they live.
- Teaching and developing an appreciation of the children’s social relationships and their responsibilities.
- Setting high expectations of effort, achievement and behaviour.
- Supporting and celebrating each child’s achievement where we can.
Our aim is to provide the kind of education that we would wish our own children to enjoy.
Achieving these aims for each individual child necessitates a partnership of trust and support between school and parent.
To assist us in this we hope that parents will:
- support the aims and policies of the school in achieving the best for their children’s learning.
- ensure the fullest attendance of their child at school with appropriate punctuality for the school sessions.
- communicate with teaching and support staff about their child’s learning and social environment with appropriate consideration, respect and recognition of their role within school.
- support their child’s learning within the home through making time to share their experiences and support their homework in a positive way.
Our Home-School Partnership Agreement builds upon these key principles.
"... always a chance for everyone"
"... preparing our children for their future"
- Acklam Whin Primary