Previous Remote Learning
Weekly Remote Learning tasks – WC 11.01.21
Weekly English Tasks
English Remote Learning Activities
Narrative writing – The Robin
- To generate vocabulary
- To develop a rich understanding of words associated with the countryside (Part 1)
- To plan the opening of the story
- To practise and apply knowledge of suffixes (-ate, -en)
- To write the opening of the story
Weekly Maths Tasks
Maths Remote Learning Activities
Focus – Multiplication and Division.
- To multiply a 2 digit number by a 1 digit number
- Multiplying 3 digit number by 1 digit
- Multiplying 3 digit numbers by 1 digit
- Problem Solving choosing operations
- Dividing using knowledge of multiples
Remember: Timetable Rock stars keep those skills sharp.
Weekly Reading Tasks
Reading Remote Learning Activities
Continuing with Chapter 2 of Bigfoot Adventure.
Complete these activities, which are in your 2do list.
- Chapter 2 quiz
- Expanded noun phrase sentences about Bigfoot.
Remember: Personal reading
Weekly Spelling Tasks
Spelling Remote Learning Activities
This week’s spellings: we are continuing to revise our Year 3 & 4 common exception words.
Complete these online games to help your practice your spellings.
Once you are confident with your spellings complete
Purple Mash 2do: Year 3 & 4 Spelling quiz.
Other Learning Activities
- Geography. Look at the map of the UK. Can you identify where the UK mountains are? Where are the highest areas of ground in the UK? Which countries of the UK are these located in? Where do you think the highest peak in the UK might be located? Choose a mountain and create a fact file about it.
- RE. Lesson 2. Watch the power point and create your own board game to show the path to Nirvana for Buddhists.
- PE – Complete Joe Wickes PE Workout 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v-a_dpwhro&list=RDCMUCAxW1XT0iEJo0TYlRfn6rYQ&start_radio=1
- French Using the list of animals an the descriptions, come up with your own sentences to describe the animals for example; Le Lion est feroce.
Try to come up with as many as you can
- Art- Use the following description and draw the animal you think is being described. It could be a mythical creature.
‘… described as having white shaggy fur and a lean muscular body like an ape. This “creature” could also live in the Asian mountains near the Himalayan snow line.’
Click here to download this weeks computing PowerPoint. (Please ignore my mistake on the first slide saying Years 3& 4)