Previous Remote Learning
Weekly Remote Learning tasks – WC 11.01.21
Weekly Writing Tasks
Non-fiction writing – Newspaper Report
- To identify features of a newspaper report
- To develop an understanding of using higher vocabulary.
- To gather information and evidence for a newspaper report
- To practice and apply the knowledge of compound words
- To generate formal, journalistic vocabulary
Most grammar activities are linked in with the writing activities in Oak Academy.
What is a conjunction?
Weekly Maths Tasks
This week after each Oak National Academy lesson, there is a follow up My Maths session for you all.
- To extend our knowledge of factors and multiple chains. https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/factor-and-multiple-chains-6gvp6c
1a. MY MATHS – Highest common factor.
- To multiply and divide by 10,100,1000. https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/multiplying-and-dividing-by-10-100-1000-64t68e
2a. MY MATHS- Multiplying by 10 & 100. Dividing by 10 & 100.
- To use strategies to double and half. https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/doubling-and-halving-strategies-65hpac
3a. MY MATHS Doubling and halving.
- To use mental strategies https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/using-derived-facts-to-multiply-mentally-69j3ct
4a. MY MATHS – Mental multiplication
- To use calculations with confidence. https://classroom.thenational.academy/lessons/calculating-flexibly-c8up2d
5a. MY MATHS – Mental division.
Challenge 1. Practice the spelling provided below.
Weekly Reading Tasks
Complete the 2Dos set on Serial Mash
Text: The Night the Diamonds Fell
- Read Chapter four and complete the quiz
- Complete ‘Radio Broadcast’ activity linked to chapter four.
- Read Chapter Five and complete the quiz
- Complete ‘Instructions for building and alien repelling machine’ activity linked to chapter five.
- Read Chapter Six and complete the quiz
- Complete the ‘Blog page’ activity linked to chapter six
- Read Chapter Seven and complete the quiz
- Book review task.
Other Learning Activities
To know the order of the planets in our Solar System.
Use the powerpoint to help you create a diagram of the order of the planets. Watch the videos on the powerpoint which will show you how far away from each other the planets are and how they orbit the sun. Powerpoint here
To retell a parable.
Choose one of the parables from the lesson last week and create a comic strip to retell the story. POWERPOINT HERE
To create a positive thinking cap
Using the template, design a cool cap with colourful messages about positive thinking.
You can do bubble writing, graffiti-style writing, symbols and illustrations. Just remember to keep it positive!
Template here POWERPOINT HERE
Click here to download this weeks computing PowerPoint. (Please ignore my mistake on the first slide saying Years 3& 4)
To use Tone.
Watch the powerpoint and create your first master piece. I wonder if anyone will be the winner of the next Turner prize.
Template here POWERPOINT HERE
Story time: Listen to Mrs Bell read our wonderful class novel: Skellig.